Helsinki Yachting - International sailing school
“promoting international sail training”
Helsinki Yachting is an international sailing school based in Helsinki, Finland. We run our courses in English. Our customers come from many continents and countries. Most of our students are permanently living in Finland while some are just visiting here.
Our goal is to provide high-quality training and to offer a comprehensive set of theory and practical courses from a beginner level to skipper level.
We are certified to run courses based on several local and international training systems. The core of our courses are based the on following systems:
- Purjehduksenopettajat PORY ry, The Association of Sailing Instructors in Finland: Practical sailing courses.
- The Royal Yachting Association, RYA: Theory courses in navigation, seamanship, and safety.
In addition to our core courses, we offer several short and specialty courses that provide further resources for cruising skippers.
Theory and practical courses
- Theory courses provide background knowledge in navigation, seamanship, and safety.
- Practical courses provide skills and knowledge for cruising yacht crew members and skippers.
- For theory and practical course dates, see the calendar page.
We offer a comprehensive set of courses for acquiring the necessary background knowledge and practical skills. You can find a right course that match your current skill level, whether you are new to sailing or an aspiring sailing yacht skipper.
We are streamlining the core theory courses. We have been running RYA (the Royal Yachting Association) theory courses and FNA (the Finnish Navigation Association) theory courses separately during falls and springs. The corresponding levels of RYA and FNA theory...
We run practical sailing courses in multiple locations. We make Baltic Sea course trips to Finnish Coast and Archipelago, to Estonia, Åland, and Sweden. We arrange courses in the Mediterranean (non-tidal) and Atlantic Coast of Europe (tidal). Our Shorebased courses are held in Helsinki.